Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Plarn is your friend!

Along with the alpaca, that I just love by the way, I also like to work with plarn.  Plarn is yarn made from plastic grocery bags or any other kind of plastic bags.  There are so many bags that are polluting the world - it makes me feel good when I can do a project that reuses 50 or so bags.  That is 50 or so bags that aren't polluting the ocean or floating through the atmosphere. 

I am always on the search for different things I can do with my plarn.  I have made the traditional bags but now I want to branch out and do more.  I also have made rugs, purses, hats and whatever else I can imagine.  Recently I also started to work with plastic containers.  I took a tomato container and made an adorable little basket out of it.  When you see people attempting to make things from old things, support their endeavor.  They are trying to make a difference and really care about the world.  You can show your support by purchasing their items and helping out in a monetary way.  The world is ours to care for and we each need to do our own part - our children will thank us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment