Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Etsy Shop

I have been wanting to set up an Etsy shop for over a year now.  After trial and error, I officially opened my shop for business on November 20th, 2010.  I was inspired by many friends who had supported the idea and have their own shops online.  They gave me some good advice and I plan to use all of it.  Thus Booties and Handspun by Babylove was born.  I hope to have my first sale by Christmas.  Before I had things loaded, I already had many views and that is a good sign. 


There is so much to learn about product presentation, pricing and shipping but I plan to learn as I go.  Since I cannot afford a professional photographer at this time, I am making due with my limited photography.  Eventually, I plan to hire a local college student to take some pics and go from there.  Etsy helps out by offering insights for new shop owners and gives advice towards a successful endeavor. 

It would be great if things took off and suddenly I could quit my job and life would be wonderful, but I am jumping ahead of myself.  Honestly, I just want to get my products out there and supplement my hobby by making a few bucks off of it.  I am not delusional enough to think my hobby is going to take the place of my teaching job.  If it did, it would become my job and no longer a hobby. 

So the door is now open for me to step into my future.  As long as Cagney keeps producing wonderful fleece, I will have the opportunity of processing it and sharing it with others.  I must admit, it is exciting to look at the shop and see how many people have seen my items.  It gives me a rush, but I am sure the bigger rush is yet to come as the items start selling.  Wish me luck!!~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment